Macaroni Grill Chicken Cannelloni...a great macaroni grill recipe to try...nice one !
- 8 ounces chicken breast (about 2), cooked thoroughly
- 1 ounce fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon table-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 lasagna pasta sheets, approximate size of 5 x 6 inches
- 16 ounces Asiago cream sauce, or your favorite Alfredo sauce
- 16 ounces Macaroni Grill tomato sauce, or your favorite tomato-based pasta sauce
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
Once the chicken breast has been cooked thoroughly, allow it to cool to an internal temperature of 45 degrees F.
Dice the cooled chicken breast into 1/2-inch pieces and place into a large mixing bowl. Add spinach, tomatoes, ricotta, mozzarella, pepper and salt, and mix thoroughly.
Arrange precooked pasta sheets on a cutting board and place two or three rounded tablespoons of filling mixture down the center of each pasta sheet and carefully roll pasta around filling in a cigar fashion. Place the rolled cannelloni, side by side, into an ovenproof shallow baking dish. Place Asiago sauce (or Alfredo sauce) and tomato sauce in bowl and mix until well incorporated. Pour sauce over cannelloni covering completely. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over top of sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes.
Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached. Remove from oven and serve family style or on individual plates garnished with fresh diced tomatoes, and basil or Italian parsley. The macaroni grill recipe is ready to serves 6 great persons.....enjoy the party ! Bon apetit !